5 Ways To Find Freedom In Imperfection
Imperfection is not the opposite of perfection, as if it is a state not to be desired. Instead, freedom in imperfection is the state of acceptance of self through love. Without seeing who you truly are, you won’t know what to change and what to improve. Perfectionism throws everything out the window. Here I reveal ways to truly be free by letting yourself live as you are.
Oh don’t’ misunderstand me, I get it. We all look at others with the critical eye and wonder how their life is ‘so together’ while we struggle just to get out of bed sometimes. Yet what we don’t know is, they too are working through a battle of their own to be accepted or overcome a bad habit that is destroying them inside. It’s time to stop the wishful thinking and comparing your worst to someone else’s best.
Why can’t life be perfect?
“I am Me”
“Accept me as I am” is a battle cry.
Freedom in Imperfection Will Help You Soar
It doesn’t mean that you won’t change detrimental habits because you are embracing who you are. It also doesn’t mean that you are promoting laziness or lack of ambition. What it does mean is that you have taken a look inside of yourself and seen who the person inside truly is. There are things that you like about yourself and also things that you don’t, but it all works together to become the person that you are today.
True change in your life is an act of love. You can lose weight when you love who you are right now at your current weight. It means that your life, self-esteem, and happiness are not tied to a number. Anything done out of self-hate doesn’t usually last because you are always criticizing your efforts. Nothing is ever good enough because you start off not liking anything about yourself from the beginning. You’d leave your own body if you could.
There is nothing healthy about that. Imperfection says that the only way through is with love on board. Accepting and embracing you by celebrating why you are unique. It is getting reacquainted with yourself through a few steps that show the value that was there all along.
5 Ways to Imperfect Freedom
- Take some serious time for introspection – Don’t be afraid to look at yourself honestly. Write down what is positive and what is negative in your eyes. Find ways to change the wording of those negatives so they are now positives that you can embrace. If you think that your ankles are big, find shoes to wear that minimize their appearance as such.
- Try something new – Try bold colors for clothing or change your hairstyle. There’s nothing wrong with experimenting with new looks to accentuate your positives and give yourself a confidence boost.
- Discover what you like to do and don’t like to do – Don’t be afraid to say “no” to events or activities that don’t foster your interests just because it’s a “cool” or “acceptable” thing to do.
- Laugh more – Laughter promotes feel-good endorphin release. Take time out to have fun and take a rest. It is restorative and also promotes health.
- Explore your creative side –Are you a “right-brained” person? Find out if you have any creative tendencies. Stimulate that side of your brain to bring out attributes you didn’t know you had.
Today is the first day of the rest of your life. What can you do today, so that you don’t have regrets tomorrow?
Allow yourself to be human, flawed and free by embracing your imperfect life.
Are you making strides to accept and embrace who you are, or have you been there and wish to help someone along their journey? Leave a comment below and tell us about it.